ELDERLY ABUSE & NEGLECT
Choosing to place elderly loved ones in a nursing home can be one of the most difficult decisions in life. Did you know that Pennsylvania has the third highest concentration of elderly people in the U.S.? With that being said, it ’s an undisputable fact that many of us may be faced with the decision to entrust those near and dear to us to the care of staff at assisted living facilities.
We rely on trained individuals at these centers to provide the attention and compassion our loved ones need. However, at times they fail, and do not behave in a competent or professional manner. By employing violent, unqualified, or inadequately trained staff, or even neglecting to maintain their facilities, they betray the trust we put in them. Sometimes those dear to us can be reluctant to report abuse out of fear, but it is fitting that appropriate measures are taken to obtain the quality of life deserved.
Specific examples of neglect include failure to:
- provide assistance and service to incontinent individuals
- care and preventative measures for bed wounds & sores
- provide assistive devices and proper supervision
- assist in personal hygiene and necessary skin care
- provide proper nutrition
- administer correct dosage and/or medication
- provide adequate medical care
- provide a safe and clean environment
If you or your loved one has experienced any of the above, or even if you suspect that any of the above have occurred, give us a call and we will take you through every step of the process.